Friday, November 4, 2011

food

iv noticed that lately i have had an appetite of an elephant but nothing ever satisfies me and i walk away even more hungry or just disappointed! i want everything i see but when i start to eat it i think to myself: "why am i eating this again?? its not even that good!" i wonder if this is how my soul is as well..??  i hunger and thirst for God but i turn to other things and they're never quite good enough.  i know what to do when it comes to filling in that void, now its just a matter of doing it!  (what about when it comes to food??... :)

5 comments:

  1. let's go to hometown buffet and we'll fix that feeling. but good insight on how to fill the hunger for God, we gotta get in His Word and spend time with Him. totes mah goats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. dee. i feel you. on both points. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just more peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! He is all we need, but like you said we can run to other things instead. I feel like I will run and run in circles, until I finally realize I need to run to Jesus.Good reminder to press into Him and let Him be our satisfaction and fulfillment :)

    ReplyDelete